IMPORTANT SHIPPING INFORMATION
Puppies can be shipped at 8 weeks old. All shipping cost at buyers expense. We charge $375.00 for shipping a puppy to you. This price includes travel crate, health certificate for the airlines, and flight. Pups must be paid in full at 7 weeks old to allow enough time for shipping arrangements to be made. We will do the above however living in the mid-west we have found it difficult to ship puppies via airlines. We have decided to also allow to start delivering your puppy as an option as well. The cost will be only .55cents per mile ONE WAY ONLY and $75.00 per 400 miles. As an example to deliver a puppy to your door at 500 miles away it would only cost you $275.00 for mileage and $75.00 for over 400 miles for a total delivery fee of $350.00. We prefer this method as it’s less stress on the puppy and we get to meet you, and you get to meet us. (win-win)
Shipping puppies via airlines can be very tricky with so many regulations, restrictions and such on OEB’s. If you’d like us to ship your puppy we’d be more than happy to do so, we will work with the Minneapolis, Madison, airports. It’s a good idea to call to make sure they take pups at your airport before you purchase a puppy. We can also meet you in a designated location if that works best, (fee applies for driving your puppy of .50 per mile round trip) again puppies can’t be shipped in cold/hot weather climates if temp is at a certain level.
Download and Print PPA in PDF format: HermDawg Bullies Purchase Contract
Buyer agrees to purchase a puppy from HermDawg Bullies with the nickname_______________________ for the purchase price of $___________
The seller agrees to furnish the buyer with the necessary health information, including all shot and worming records. The IOEBA registration applications will be signed and executed at the time of the purchase. The buyer understands that this puppy will be eligible for permanent registration with the IOEBA and has been informed on how to go about the process of registration.
Deposits / Payments / Shipping 1. Puppies are reserved and held with a non-refundable deposit. Deposits are $350.00. Deposits must be paid by the following methods; cash, Western Union, or with a major Credit Card or through Pay Pal. Pay Pal charges a fee of 3.25%. If you use your credit card 3.25% must be added to the total. Once HermDawg Bullies receives the deposit the puppy will be marked and considered SOLD.
2. Choice of puppy is determined on a first come (deposit received) first to choose basis. Puppy will be placed on “hold” for two business days, while waiting for a deposit. If deposit is not received in that time, the puppy will be placed back up for sale.
3. Deposits are NON REFUNDABLE, except in cases of premature death, prior to the delivery of your puppy to you. If you change your mind and do not want or cannot take your puppy, you forfeit your deposit.
4. Buyer will pay the entire remaining balance by the time the puppy is 7 weeks old. A check or money order can be used but will be required to clear the bank before the buyer acquires the puppy. Buyer agrees to pick up dog or shipped by the time it is eight weeks old. There will be a $40.00 per week boarding charge, plus any other expenses if buyer’s check hasn’t cleared or buyer is not able to pick up puppy. Two weeks or more with no attempts to make pick up arrangements, or a check hasn’t cleared, the buyer then forfeits the puppy and any deposits or payments made on puppy, unless other arrangements are made with HermDawg Bullies.
5. Your puppy from HermDawg Bullies is guaranteed… 1. To be in good physical condition for the first 48 hours after the time of delivery to the buyer. The buyer agrees to have the puppy examined by a Licensed Veterinarian within 48 hours after delivery time for a complete physical examination. If the Veterinarian finds the puppy to have a serious physical condition other than a viral or bacterial cold or bacterial infection, such as Coccidia or Giardia (bloody stools), which is easily treated, the seller will replace the puppy with another puppy of comparable or better quality, when available from same or upcoming litter, after the first puppy is returned to the seller. The seller reserves the right to a second Veterinarian opinion at the expense of the seller. If the puppy is not examined by a Veterinarian within 48 hours after delivery time, all guarantees listed are not valid. No monies will be refunded. Puppies are at risk for Coccidia and Giardia (bloody stools) which is often brought on by the stress of shipping, a new home, new food, new people, and change of climate or surroundings. Etc. Puppies shipped also seem more prone to have bouts with Coccidia or Giardia (bloody stools). Another thing that may show up with shipping and/or the stress of moving and a new home is Kennel Cough (Bordatella-a raspy cough may be signs of this) which is common in dogs that are shipped and is usually caused by bacteria. Kennel cough is self limiting and like the common cold, it must run its course. Full recovery is expected and kennel cough, Coccidia or Giardia on their own are not life threatening. All puppies are treated and vaccinated for Coccidiosis, Giardia and Kennel Cough, before they leave. However, you need to be aware that these things can arise and that they are usually not serious (even though seeing blood in the stool appears serious) and are easily treated. We will not cover the treatment for them.
6. To be free from any genetic / hereditary defects that cause death or serious impairment of the vital functions in the puppy until said puppy is one year of age. If such an inheritable defect is documented by a Veterinarian and presented to the seller with sufficient supporting evidence, the buyer will be entitled to a replacement puppy of comparable or better quality, when available from same or upcoming litter, after the first puppy is returned to seller. No cash refunds.
7. To be current on worming and shots and have received vaccinations and worming depending on age. No replacements will be given in case of Parvo. If your dog is used in any sort of illegal activity (i.e. dog fighting) or in any extreme sports (i.e. weight pulling), or is mistreated, malnourished, abused or not taken care of, the guarantee is completely null and void. This guarantee does not cover what in the Bulldog breed we consider normal or beyond our control i.e.: Cherry eye, “loose” hips, stenotic nares (loud sounding or “snuffling” sound when breathing), skin allergies such as Demodectic Mange or Umbilical Hernia- an “Outie” belly button. A small one can be left alone with no ill effects. A bigger one should be removed. Again because of the barrel like body, it’s a breed thing. Since it usually happens before 8 weeks of age, if it is large and it happens here, I take care of it here. If it happens once a pup is home with you, speak with your vet. This is not covered in our guarantee. We do not breed dogs with undesirable conditions such as mange or bad hips, but we cannot guarantee that previous generations did not have these conditions in their lines; therefore, we cannot guarantee these conditions will not show up in future litters. There is no guarantee or warranty that the buyer will be able to breed or show the dog purchased, regardless of show or breeding potential.
General Information- Every line of dogs have some issues common to their breed. The Olde English Bulldogge is a recreation of the Bulldogges of Olde and one of the reasons it was created was for the purposes of eliminating many of the established health problems that the English Bulldog has, which it has done. However, the dog is still a Bulldog and some problems may arise that are directly related to what we find most desirable about the breed. the flat face, rolling gait, short tail and big chest for instance. Do all the research that you can, understand and accept that when you purchase a dog you may have to deal with some issues. Stress- one must understand that it is stressful for any puppy to leave its home and litter-mates or playmates. Like you, a pup under stress, is more susceptible to illness. His immune system is compromised while under stress. There are millions of bacteria, fungi and depending on environment, viruses all over. If your pup comes into contact with these while he is stressed, he will be less able to fight it off. Be very considerate of this factor, keep the pup quiet and wait until he knows you and is over his stressful time to expose him to new and exciting (and usually germ and virus’ friendly) atmospheres (such as going to Pepco to choose a new bone, or inviting all your family and friends over to see him. Give him time and keep him away from stress as much as possible the first 10 days or so. Hold him in your lap at the Vet. Like Hospitals, where sick people are all over, vet offices see sick dogs nearly every day. It may take him a few days of rest to be himself again. This is normal. We strongly suggest that you do not expose your new puppy to new things until you have had him for 2 weeks. Keep him in your yard, hold him if you cannot. He is a baby just like a human baby. You know how they catch every cold around? It is because they are new to the world and their immune system needs to be exposed to things to become strong, same thing with baby puppies. Pups are current on their vaccinations including- hepatitis, Para influenza and bordetella when they leave HermDawg Bullies. You will need to give several more when the pup gets a bit older. Speak with your vet about what is appropriate for your area. The incubation period on Parvo is 2-10 days. Just because a puppy is current on vaccinations, this does not mean he is immune. You will be given a Puppy Health Form with your dog. This will detail what vaccinations and worming he has had and when.
The Buyer Agrees to the Following:
1. To use the kennel name “HermDawg Bullies” as the prefix in the registered name of the dog.
2. Maintain up to date vaccines, wormings, and to keep the dog / pup in humane conditions, providing proper food, water and shelter.
The Buyer and Seller agree that this is the full and complete agreement that exists between the parties for the sale of this dog / puppy. Any agreements made prior to this are considered incorporated herein and any modifications made to this agreement shall be made in writing or such shall not be effective. By signing and submitting this agreement, you agree to all of the above.
Date: _____________________ Buyer’s Signature:____________________________ Address:___________________________________
Zip Code:______ Phone:__________________ Email:________________________________________